My First Attempt at a Keezer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferm.adventures

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm by no means mechanically inclined, but I managed to put together a very functional 4 tap keezer over the summer. No really step by step pictures, but some evolution pictures.

I followed the build here: http://homebrewacademy.com/how-to-build-a-keezer

01_Keezer.jpg

02_Keezer.jpg

03_Keezer.jpg

04_Keezer.jpg

09_Keezer.jpg

07_Keezer.jpg

08_Keezer.jpg

Last edited:
Nice and simple. I like the angled display of the temp controller. I velcro'd mine to the back but might make a simular change.

Pic 1. Finished the Collar and installed one tap. I did already installed screws into pilot holes for other taps since I had already planned on the drip tray I would be using. I stained everything to be "natural", and I'm not a fan of how it came out. Functionally, works great tho!

Pic 2. I stained all the wood in the collar. Primarily in an attempt to prevent moisture absorption by the wood. couple of Kegs in, but still just running one keg off a simple regulator.

Pic 3. All 4 taps installed and drip tray that I got from morebeer.com. The tray is suspended between the 1x8 and 2x6 collar, and supported by the tap shanks.

Pic 4. Reflectix installed and a simple cpu fan to recirculate air. Still with the bad economy regulator, but upgraded to a 15# rental CO2 tank.

Pic 5. Finished state. Some chalkboard tape on the lid to identify the beers on tap. Some magnets to keep some English bar towels in place for presenting ready to serve pints. A bottle opener and magnetic cap catcher.

Pic 6. Regulator upgraded. Put the money down for a Taprite secondary regulator. So happy I did. Very flexible to carb kegs and keep other kegs at serving pressure. Also, had to see, but the economy primary regulator I was using crapped the bed, so I upgraded to a Taprite primary regulator. As well on the hump, with the collar, a pin lock keg fits fine. But I plan on converting that pin lock keg to a ball lock, to simplify the cleaning of the draft lines.

Pic 7. a simple little shelf for the temperature controller made of the scrap wood from the collar. Nice location to keep my chalk as well, and I can always see the current temp of the keezer.

Last edited:
Nice and simple. I like the angled display of the temp controller. I velcro'd mine to the back but might make a simular change.

Thanks.. I just added comments for the pics as well since it seemed a little beyond me in my current state to add as one post.

I had some scrap wood left over from the collar, so the angled mount for the temp controller seemed like a no brainer. Easy to always see the current temp in the keezer, and I have a little handy storage space for a couple boxes of chalk under the controller.

Back