My first all-grain - got ?s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobrap

Reaction score
I just did a Bavarian Hefeweizen and it's ready for secondary ferm. Should I go to another carboy or straight to a keg? It's been in primary for 11 days, how long in secondary/keg?

Gonna do BM centennial blonde this afternoon and had a question for those who have brewed this. Original recipe says mash @150 for 60 min. Is any kind of sparge involved? Pity on the noob, please.

Hefes are good young. I'd check the gravity and if it's terminal I'd keg. I'm sure you've read it before but secondarying is not all that necessary for most beers. I only do it if I need to free up a big carboy.

And yes.....you'll need to sparge @ 168F to get your boil volume.

Jason

I mash BM cent blonde at 150° and at a ratio of 1.3:1. I mashout by boiling the water volume absorbed by the grain during the mash, drain and then split the sparge water into two seperate additions, each at 170°. That is just my process though.

Back