My first all-grain batch. What do I make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffsta

Reaction score
I am testing out my brand new all grain system this weekend. I have never brewed all grain before. I am using a 3 tier gravity with 3 keggles, 3 burners, false bottoms, etc...

So, what do I make?

I want to make something that is forgiving, as it will be my first all grain batch.

I would also like to make something light, as spring/summer is approaching.

I was thinking about a blonde, but I just read that they really show off-flavors. Seeing that this is my first shot with this system, I expect that it wont be perfect.

So, I am open to all suggestions. (BTW, I have a crapload of cascade and amarillo, but certainly dont need to use it). Let me know what you think.

BM's Centennial Blonde.

From grain to glass in a very short time, beginner friendly, uses cascade hops, and tastes amazing. Makes a perfect summer beer. I have brewed it a few times and it always turns out great.

id suggest doing a simple brown ale- in "How to Brew" John Palmer walks you through making one

not only a forgiving brew, but the darker color gives you a visual indication of how much you are extracting when taking first wort and when sparging

+ 1 more on Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale. It was my first AG. I still brew it all the time. It is the beer I usually make to bring to parties because everyone seems to like it even the light beer crowd.

Back