My first AG fruit beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cell

Reaction score
Feel free to comments my first AG batch!

On feb. 13 2010, I brewed a Peach wit:

Jimmy Carter's Peach wit
6 litres batch
8 litres water before boil.
1.5lb 2-row malt
0.9 lb wheat malt
0.3 lb flaked malt
8,49 grams hops
2.4 lb fresh peaches, pitted and peeled
2 cups of hot water (for steeping peaches)
1 pack of Munich dry yeast

It was an All grain (my first AG) batch using BIAB method. I screwed up reaching the correct mashing temps so I reheated the wort and increased the mashing time.. I had to mash inside my oven. here's what I did:
140F for 30mins
150F for 90 mins
170F for 15 mins

After the boil:
The recipe says OG 1.043 and I reached 1.042 with a hydrometer reading.

6 days later, I added the peaches into the secondary fermenter, racking the beer on top. The beer tasted so good.

14 days after that (today), I racked the beer into third fermentation vessel and I tasted the beer. Tastes good! Taste like peaches! But it doesn't taste like beer! It's more like a light fruit juice! I hope I didn't add too much water when I added the peaches.. I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks..:eek:

Sounds good. I think the peaches will add just a hint of flavor after it ages a bit. Haven't tried peaches yet (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, apples, cherries, fruit juice blends of 2 or 3), but I think I'll have to try peaches next. I've found that the longer a fruit beer ages, the more the fruit flavor disappears.

harr, I think that I screwed it up! I siphoned some tiny chunk of fruits while bottling.. and now there's a strong fermentation going inside my bottles! :mad:
Now I know why the recipe asks for "sliced" peaches!!:eek:

Back