My E-HERMS build.. have question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikonis

Reaction score
First a shot of the coil mounted in the "test" cooler... aka the hacked up unusable cooler
14233_169740027402_736142402_2775330_4554854_n.jpg

My question is this, would this be a good placement for the coil and element?

I do have a 200RPM gear motor for an agitator...

Just want to make sure my placement of the coil and element are good since I do not want to hack up another cooler.

Edit: oh and what is that black coating on the stainless compression nuts? Nothing seems to take it off.

I thought the coil in a HERMS goes in the HLT not the MLT. I have a RIMS and am definetety not as familiar with HERMS so maybe I am wrong??

I thought the coil in a HERMS goes in the HLT not the MLT. I have a RIMS and am definetety not as familiar with HERMS so maybe I am wrong??

If you were refering to my comment I was thinking of turning my old mlt into a hlt with a herms coil like the op

It appears to be an HLT. I know it's not common for the HLT to be a rectangular cooler but why not.

Yea... it's going to be my HLT... The reasoning for square: it was free and had planned on doing dual heater elements... you can see the chopped off one in that pic.

The other reason... it'll fit nicely in the kitchen on the shelf above the oven so I get good gravity for sparging... Round just doesn't fit on the shelf unless it's a 5 gallon cooler, but I needed more...

And why not? Should work lol

Back