My dog rules

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
When I finish drinking beer for the night (usually just one or two) I'll let my dog have the last bit in the glass if he wants it. He's actually particular about his beers and only likes some types.

Tonight, I had a bomber of Deschutes Red Chair. So, I finish it off and Kabe, my dog, is sitting on his bed in the middle of the floor watching me. I hold the mug down in front of me for him and he just looks at it, then looks at me.

I shake it at him and he just looks at the mug, then up at me.

I look at him and say "It's an IPA."

He gets up, walks over and licks the mug clean.

My dog is the awsome.

Awesome! I also allow my dog(s) to indulge if they choose. Ironically, I drank my 22 of Red Chair this past Friday, and I allowed my 14yr old dog to have a sample. He approved!:mug:

FWIW, Deschutes makes some great beer, I think they are highly underrated by some.

I'd be afraid of giving my dog a highly hopped brew. I'm assuming the toxicity of the hops last through the boil though.

I'd be afraid of giving my dog a highly hopped brew. I'm assuming the toxicity of the hops last through the boil though.

Actually, it's only raw hops. Finished beer is ok, insofar as alcohol is bad for dogs in itself so they shouldn't have much anyway. He's happy with the bit in the bottom of the glass and the lacing down the sides. He's really a fiend for stouts and porters. He turns up his nose at lagers.

My dog used to like to lick up beer too. Then I just stopped offering him any (mainly because he would hang out in the bedroom and not be near me). Now unfortunately he has cancer and is going through treatment so I'd rather not take any risks.

But as far as the original post, sounds like a smart dog.

Sorry to hear about your dog, but I'm happy to hear you stepping up for him. Too many people consider pets disposable and aren't willing to stand by them like they would for you.

KB is a brilliant dog. Definitely knows what he likes and what he wants and is more than willing to ask for it.

He's really a fiend for stouts and porters. He turns up his nose at lagers.

Ha, I've got a mini dachshund. He loves lagers, turns up his nose at the IPA's. Must be in his German genes :)

And he would get out of bed unless it was worth his while either.

dogs rule.

Heh, this drunken rambling thing is great. :drunk:

My CAT would help me finish my beer... I'd tip a bottle upside-down and he'd lap up the last few drops. Then again, this is the same guy that will fetch (at least a couple times before he gets bored), and will come when you call his name. I swear, he's a dog trapped in a cat's body.

It's funny how dogs acquire a certain taste for beers. My last boxer refused to drink any beer besides St. Pauly Girl. Not sure why, but he just loved that beer! I have a new boxer that's 5 months old and he hasn't had the pleasure of tasting a beer yet....

Back