My customers can be quite the *****es

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampassJ

Reaction score
Got a call from a very irate woman about her pool being dirty and she needs it cleaned for a party tonight. I drive the 15 minutes to go please her (I was there yesterday 8am). She comes storming out telling me I never showed because of the dirt in her pool. I look at the deck, and roof... Both clean... Hrmmm

I ask her if she had pressure cleaning done.
"I don't see how that matters."
Me - "It matters if they came yesterday after 8am and pushed everything into the pool." -
"Well that's not my problem, just do your job and clean it.".
Me - "Good luck finding a pool cleaner Saturday afternoon on a holiday weekend."

Glad she paid up for May.

Got a call from a very irate woman about her pool being dirty and she needs it cleaned for a party tonight. I drive the 15 minutes to go please her (I was there yesterday 8am). She comes storming out telling me I never showed because of the dirt in her pool. I look at the deck, and roof... Both clean... Hrmmm

I ask her if she had pressure cleaning done.
"I don't see how that matters."
Me - "It matters if they came yesterday after 8am and pushed everything into the pool." -
"Well that's not my problem, just do your job and clean it.".
Me - "Good luck finding a pool cleaner Saturday afternoon on a holiday weekend."

Glad she paid up for May.

An excellent example of what's wrong with that old "the customer is always right" adage.

She's left a voice mail asking to speak to the boss. I'm the boss :rockin: Now if this was one of my sub-contracts for another persons route I would have to kiss ass.

She's left a voice mail asking to speak to the boss. I'm the boss :rockin: Now if this was one of my sub-contracts for another persons route I would have to kiss ass.

Too rich :mug:
Serves her right. Although sometimes we have to kiss up a little we shouldn't have to put up with total *****ebags. In over 25 years of at home service work, I have only had to tell a customer where to go twice.

a customer that abuses you is not worth it.. often they cost more than you will ever make off of them. Unless that customer is somehow key to a market you are always better off dumping them... the worst are when the customer is like that but is a key player in your market.. so you put up with them and consider it a cost of business. people suck

I'd apologise that my schedule has made it too difficult to do any work at that address....

:D

Call her back saying you are the boss. Then tell her you already talked to your "employee" and you agree with him :)
I agree no one deserves to be treated like crap when he is just doing his job.

well, then put on some huge waders, dress up even more like bill murray in caddy shack, show up and drop a huge hose in the pool ( no, not that. you are SICK SICK, I tell ya! :D )

People can A$$es just to be an A$$. I have little patience for those people the older I get. You made the right call.

I would call her back and ask how it was cleaning her own pool?

I kind of want to ask how the party is going.

Should have shown up in the middle of the party to start cleaning the pool. Tell her that you re-thought your position and regretted how things ended and wanted to make up for it. Then act as obnoxious about the situation as you could. That would have been great.

I personally have recently taken a nearly $6 per hour paycut to go from customer service (in a call center) into the field of law enforcement. It's a different type of "customer service" but it makes me feel fulfilled and like I'm worth something - aside from making awesome beer, which IMO is going to be one of the hot post-apocalyptic commodity trade skills.

I've been a cop for 10 years and the customer service is just different. Wait till you go to a domestic violence call, the woman calls because she is beat to snot. You arrest her "man" and now she is screaming at you for taking her meal ticket away. You're welcome.
This personal, semi on-topic rant is brought to you by me.

I personally have recently taken a nearly $6 per hour paycut to go from customer service (in a call center) into the field of law enforcement. It's a different type of "customer service" but it makes me feel fulfilled and like I'm worth something - aside from making awesome beer, which IMO is going to be one of the hot post-apocalyptic commodity trade skills.

NOthing like taking a 6 dollar an hour paycut to get spit on, yelled at, shot at, and puked on.......

Be safe out there. And be nice to the medics....

It's a cultural thing. Many of my customers are from money. They have maids, live in nanny etc. Their people skills are horrible and most of the wives are shrews.

Sm4ck em with da m34t b4t, and git em in L1n3!!

no, really, if that is the case you should have an estrogen-contact clause in your contract :~

English, please.

english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

I'm always happy to go the extra mile for people up until they start acting like total lunatics. I've just got to the point where I can no longer reward bad behavior.

English, please.

I can translate--
Sm4ck em with da m34t b4t, and git em in L1n3!!

Smack them with the meat bat and get them in line.

Now if you need to know the context of a meatbat ... I should turn you over to the professionals!

Back