My Craigslist find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 103238

Reaction score
Over the past couple months I've been looking into what it would take to get into kegging. Unfortunately shipping to Alaska usually costs as much, if not more, than the cost of the items. I've been keeping a pretty close eye on Craigslist with no luck so far. This morning, after I put my PS2 on Criagslist, I happened upon an ad that had just been posted for kegging equipment. My wife begrudgingly accepted my offer to make this project an early birthday present. In summary, I picked up an ever-so-slightly used version of Midwest's Homebrew Deluxe 2 tap system for $300 and a 5 minute drive. Everything appears to be in great shape and comes with an extra lid. If all goes well I will have everything set up in time to keg my porter that has been fermenting for the last 8 days. Looks like I'll now be spending even more time on HBT!

Over the past couple months I've been looking into what it would take to get into kegging. Unfortunately shipping to Alaska usually costs as much, if not more, than the cost of the items. I've been keeping a pretty close eye on Craigslist with no luck so far. This morning, after I put my PS2 on Criagslist, I happened upon an ad that had just been posted for kegging equipment. My wife begrudgingly accepted my offer to make this project an early birthday present. In summary, I picked up an ever-so-slightly used version of Midwest's Homebrew Deluxe 2 tap system for $300 and a 5 minute drive. Everything appears to be in great shape and comes with an extra lid. If all goes well I will have everything set up in time to keg my porter that has been fermenting for the last 8 days. Looks like I'll now be spending even more time on HBT!

Brew on my brother, brew on. The only thing holding me back from buying a kegging system is that I might be moving out of state soon so I don't want to buy any more stuff because I already have too much to be able to bring it all with me.

Quite understandable, sometimes it's hard enough to find space to keep the equipment, let alone trying to travel with it. Since 1994 my father-in-law has traveled with his beer can collection and brewing equipment from Montana, to Alaska, to Washington. That's dedication!

When we were discussing the idea of the keezer project, my wife said I better use it. I wasn't going to bring to her attention the fact that she was essentially telling me to drink more!

Now to find a freezer.......

mthelm85 said:
Brew on my brother, brew on. The only thing holding me back from buying a kegging system is that I might be moving out of state soon so I don't want to buy any more stuff because I already have too much to be able to bring it all with me.

Back