My Corona Mill Mods w/ pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estricklin

Reaction score
So I picked this thing up on Amazon for 30 bucks free shipping via prime. It's actually pretty well built to be so cheap but I did have a couple of issues. For one thing, there was no cover/guard included, so grain tends to fly everywhere. The other problem I had was finding a way to mount it so I can use it easily and keep grain from going everywhere. After doing some research and head scratching this is what I came up with. I'm mainly posting this so that others will know.

I tried cutting a bolt and using it chucked in my drill but couldn't find one long enough laying around the house, also the cut bolt kept slipping. So I found this peice to the jack handle from SWMBO's car, (use the jack on the cider press too haha) and found it will slip through the hole on the screw for the handle that came with the mill. I think I seen someone on youtube using a gate clasp, which I would think would work just as good. I could have left the handle on actually but didn't see the point. 18V drill operates it with plenty of power. 1 battery seems to get through a little over 10 lbs pretty easy on my black and decker.

A simple trash bag on top of the mill keeps almost all the grain in the bucket.

Now I'm actually looking forward to crushing grain, before there were times I didn't brew because I honestly didn't feel like milling. I went ahead and milled 25 lbs of base grain that way I'll have some for the next couple weeks since I've been working so many hours. I usually don't crush ahead of time but hey using this thing with the drill was too much fun!

Brilliant solutions es! I like the bag over the mill trick. I have a cover on my Corona and stuff still flies all over. I will try that. Good job!

Back