My co-worker gave me a homebrew today ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchoven

Reaction score
... for my birthday. It's chilling now, looking forward to trying it later. Funny thing is I rarely try anyone else's beer ... Maybe twice since I've started brewing. Anyone else rarely/never drink other folks' homebrew?

I was nervous taking my brew to the first club meeting, but it makes you a better brewer getting semi-knowledgeable feedback, plus you get to try other people's beer.

I never do which is one reason I want to get a group of people started swapping. There are enough people in the area and that no brewer has tasted mine and I haven't tasted any other homebrew but mine makes me feel incomplete. Sure the people at work love them but what do they know? :p

Home brew club I normally drink 8 to 10 brews. However normally when given a home brew . . . It sucks or is a foamer or blows up ( well once).

I find most home brewers are like mad scientists adding crap to beer thinking they are being creative with "extreme" brewing.

Make normal damn beer and stop being cute.

Love trying other home brewers beer. Sometime it stinks sometimes it's amazing either way it's fun.

Not often enough. Fortunately a brewery here has a competition where the 10 finalists all serve for a public vote. That is a blast and I get to try lots of brews, especially at the afterparty.

My son and I are both homebrewers and we are always trading our beers back and forth, both for enjoyment but also to get good, constructive critisisim:mug:

Just went to my second Homebrew club meeting. It was great to try so many other homebrews. And it was good to let others who also brew taste my beer. It was great to hear that they thought it was good.

Home brew club I normally drink 8 to 10 brews. However normally when given a home brew . . . It sucks or is a foamer or blows up ( well once).

I find most home brewers are like mad scientists adding crap to beer thinking they are being creative with "extreme" brewing.

Make normal damn beer and stop being cute.

This is where generalizations should be outlawed. I doubt its that bad.

Sorry - didn't meant to sound angry. Pet peeve. It just seems people have forgotten how to make regular beer and want to explore their "extreme" side. Here try this one it's 9% and is really syrupy!

Here - I put an entire pine branch in the boil!!

I taste very few home brews that DON'T taste like a home brew!

I haven't tried too many other's homebrews, but I'd like to. I would be more than happy to share what I have crafted myself. Of course I think mine is good, and my friends think so too but it would be nice to have others with knowledge and passion for the hobby critique mine.

Sorry - didn't meant to sound angry. Pet peeve. It just seems people have forgotten how to make regular beer and want to explore their "extreme" side. Here try this one it's 9% and is really syrupy!

Here - I put an entire pine branch in the boil!!

I taste very few home brews that DON'T taste like a home brew!

I don't belong to a club anymore, and I can imagine the "unique" ingredients some want to add so I concur.
I just didn't want the Homebrew connotation to be further associated with bad beer.

My boss and my coworker both brew. Neither of them seem to be too particular about their brewing methods or recipes, so what I get from them is hit or miss (mostly miss).

Homebrew club would be great. I've had beers form several homebrews and I'm usually pleased with them. One of them even enjoys throwing interesting ingredients in.

I don't know that I'd score them all in the 40's, but most of them have been something I'd drink regularly.

I absolutely enjoy trying others' beers.

I have a coworker that started brewing this last year. He and I swap beers semi-regularly. I work with 99.9% bmc drinkers, so its nice to have an informed opinion.

His stuff is pretty good overall, and his dfh 60 clone was very good

There are a couple guys I work with that brew (and another starting this week). So far they've all sampled mine and one has given me a bottle of his. Good all around so far.

I've only made it to one of my meetings, but the beer was all top notch from the regular dudes. A couple young newbies had some ok stuff too.

Other than that I usually never get to try anyone else's.

Back