my CL freezer buy today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defenestrate

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
picked up this freezer today, not sure of the actual cubic ft measurement but its 48x28x32 (i'm guessing 12 ft?) paid 80. not too bad- right now i'm only going with 3 or 4 on tap, but even with the 15# tank in there i could squeeze 3 more kegs in :mug:
0321091654.jpg

0321091653a.jpg

0321091653.jpg

nice find, I just bought the exact same freezer but a size smaller (42" wide). I can fit 6 kegs and a 20# tank easily, so i bet you could fit at least 8.

Nice. Make sure post some pics when it's finished.
yeah, i have 25 gallons down the basement that i've been putting off bottling so thats all conditioned and ready to go.
nice find, I just bought the exact same freezer but a size smaller (42" wide). I can fit 6 kegs and a 20# tank easily, so i bet you could fit at least 8.

yeah i was originally going to get a smaller one but i figured for the money it was a decent deal and i have plenty of room to upgrade, plus right now i could throw a primary in there for a lager if i desired:cross:

this is the regulator i picked up off ebay, came with the splitter. has anyone used one of these splitters?
0320092047.jpg

yeah i was originally going to get a smaller one but i figured for the money it was a decent deal and i have plenty of room to upgrade, plus right now i could throw a primary in there for a lager if i desired:cross:

Definitely a good price, I paid $100 for mine. It's plenty big enough for me right now but I'm already jealous of yours! I just posted my build thread if you're interested.

Definitely a good price, I paid $100 for mine. It's plenty big enough for me right now but I'm already jealous of yours! I just posted my build thread if you're interested.

very nice man, looks good. i think i'm going to go the collar route-i hope to have it all set up by this weekend...although i might just use picnic taps for the time being so i can spread the cost around a little bit.

I have two of those splitters (one in use). Very common in soda setups, and will work just fine for you (just keep in mind they are all the same pressure). You might want to add a check valve on the lines, just as a precaution. Congrats on the find and welcome to kegging! :mug:

I have two of those splitters (one in use). Very common in soda setups, and will work just fine for you (just keep in mind they are all the same pressure). You might want to add a check valve on the lines, just as a precaution. Congrats on the find and welcome to kegging! :mug:

yeah i was going to use that splitter for dispensing all the beer, and then i was going to use the other regulator for carbing up. only problem i'm seeing is that i would have to have 4 beers on tap at all times because i cant stop the gas flow from any of the outlets of splitter, unlike the air splitters i see on kegconnection and such, correct?

where would i pick up a check valve from? maybe i should just grab one of the splitters from kegconnection-http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=248

US plastic has good check valves for cheap, one on each gas line will do the trick.

as far as the splitter, once you get your disconnects installed on the lines you should be able to pressurize your whole system without any problems no matter how many kegs you have hooked up (as long as you don't have any leaks)

US plastic has good check valves for cheap, one on each gas line will do the trick.

as far as the splitter, once you get your disconnects installed on the lines you should be able to pressurize your whole system without any problems no matter how many kegs you have hooked up (as long as you don't have any leaks)

gotcha, so the disconnects aren't "open" until they are hooked up to the kegs...?

Back