My brewery name and logo, and my first label.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool. I wish I was good at the whole labelling aspect of brewing. I just write on my bottles with a marker.

Not getting much feedback, realized I should post the pics here. My bad.

Here is the brewery logo/name:
parallaxlogo600.gif

Here is my first label for a Cream Ale:
cremedelacreamlabel.jpg

Please let me know what you think!

The logo looks great, very clean and nicely done.

The label looks good for what you've got there, but that's an awful lot of white space around a basically white central image. I'd encourage, at the least, some sort of colored background behind the image to add contrast, if not adding to the image itself and/or adding more information (I like to include ABV, IBU count, etc) for better visual use of the space, or else paring down the overall size of the label so you're not sticking big sheets of mostly blank paper on your bottles.

I like them a lot. I agree with Reverend about the excess white space in the label, but my big "issue" with the label is that the glass of milk seems off centered from the text. it seems to be too far right. for all i know, it is actually perfectly centered, it just appears to be slightly right

You're a graphic designer, aren't ya? ;)

Personally, I like 'em - but I'm a minimalist sort of person. Remember tho, a label is just that, a label. If you're making good beer, little else matters (and yet it seems to fall into place!)

I think the white looks just fine for a label... As for spacing... Looks good to me, but we just got Magic Hat in Alabama... celebrating a bit ;)

The logo looks great, very clean and nicely done.

The label looks good for what you've got there, but that's an awful lot of white space around a basically white central image. I'd encourage, at the least, some sort of colored background behind the image to add contrast, if not adding to the image itself and/or adding more information (I like to include ABV, IBU count, etc) for better visual use of the space, or else paring down the overall size of the label so you're not sticking big sheets of mostly blank paper on your bottles
Like ubermick, I am a minimalist kinda guy. I may play around with the background and post it here if I find something I like. I am glad you caught the missing ABV, IBU, etc : I spaced and forgot all about that, they definitely need to be on there.

I like them a lot. I agree with Reverend about the excess white space in the label, but my big "issue" with the label is that the glass of milk seems off centered from the text. it seems to be too far right. for all i know, it is actually perfectly centered, it just appears to be slightly right
Haven't checked yet, but am going to. That is the kinda thing that would drive me crazy if I noticed it after printing.

You're a graphic designer, aren't ya?
Actually, I am a contractor (construction stuff). I have always been a design junkie though. I think the whole label/product design is going to be another thing that I will love about homebrewing my own beer.

Thanks again to all for the input and suggestions!

Back