my brew rig build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bought mine at Graingers, they were about $20.00 a caster, i wanted to use a bolt on model so if i needed to replace or didn't like them i could switch out. i move my rig over to Seebee Johns alot and when i tip one end up to put it in my truck i am putting a lot of weight on 2 casters at a angle and thats why i went with a heavier caster. the thought of hot wort all over me from a failed caster also helped my purchase.

thank you for all your kind works.

yes the tubing is aluminum, that is what they use in furnaces for the pilot gas lines.

aluminum is also very forgiving, i could not imagine trying to work stainless like that.

i brew in a very well vented garage, with windows and doors open.

i used a gas analyzer to read the co output, if you have a rich flame it will put out 2000 ppm of co, if you adjust it correctly it will put of 15ppm.

i'm thinking of selling the rig, how much do you think i could get for it?

Was that 1/4" OD aluminum tubing? Can you flare that big enough to attach to the 3/8" brass orifice on the burner or did you get an adapter? In fact your burner orifice looks like it has a valve on it. Is that different from the orifice that came with the burners?

Hello Nick. I've stared at your brew stand for quite some time now and am in awe. I'm fairly new to home brewing but when I get into something I like to go all out. I read where you might be interested in building a 2nd rig. I live here in the twin cities and am interested in making my own. Are you still interested in building a new one? Or selling the current one?

Your PM box is full. Send me a PM if you'd like to discuss it more. Thanks

Subscribed as well. Did you run the wiring by piece or did you grab a wiring kit? And how have the pilots been running? Thanks

Back