my braggart(ish), please critique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00t

Reaction score
6 lbs honey ---can easily increase this
1 lb dme
1 gallon blackberries
1 oz cascade hops
safale-04 or would safbrew-33 be better???

Here's what I brewed up today;
6 lbs honey
1 lb dme
1/2 lb honey malt (mashed overnight)
1 lb turbanado sugar
1 cup adagio apricot green tea (post boil)
safbrew 33
I got it in a 5 gallon bucket and I think I'll let it ferment for about a month then I'll rack into a 7 gallon bucket and top off to 5 gallons with motts apple cider.

I actually haven't added the green tea yet... I think i'm gonna let it ferment for at least a week or so before I add it. Maybe even longer, I'm flip flopping between adding it during fermentation and adding it to the keg and racking on top of it... fresher and all???

Other than that everything is going great with it, the yeast seems to be happily chugging along as indicated by the air lock... hopville.com has it at 1.061 OG and 1.016 FG<<<beersmith had it at 1.138 OG????>
and 6%ABV
so now I'm worried that it might be kinda to sweet..... am planning on boiling a small amount of water with 2 oz cascade hops and adding it to the primary as I have not topped to 5 gallons yet.

Back