my ***** is afraid of the rain & snow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty73741

Reaction score
lol hahahaha...u though this was about a woman
l_86a663d18821a2e98872ab9203ea24c6.jpg

am i the only one with a big ass dog afraid of the rain & falling snow

Haha. I have a 25lb French Bulldog that won't go outside if its raining unless i push him out the damn door. Not a "big ass dog" as you mentioned but he's still a bulldog!

least she not afraid of wild animals i had to hit her shock collar cause she tried to take a deer down at my parents house. It was snowing she was terrified LOL. my roomates dog is half lab/husky, she loves the snow

Mine is so "ferocious" that rabbits and squirrels just walk right up to my Retriever when she is laying outside. She is afraid of plastic shopping bags.

Haha my bully isn't a pansy, just lazy enough to not want to get wet. He just looks outside and looks a me with a 'meh' look and then goes back to snoring on the couch.

Mine does not like the rain. She really really has to go bad before she will go out in the rain to do her business.. When we had ice last year it was quite humorous to watch her try to walk on it.

That's one cute *****! :D

My dogs (both Lab mixes) get to the end of the garage and then quickly apply the brakes when they notice it's raining. But they both love the snow. Go figure. :confused:

Haha my bully isn't a pansy, just lazy enough to not want to get wet. He just looks outside and looks a me with a 'meh' look and then goes back to snoring on the couch.

I know that look!!!..and I definitely know the snore.....damn...

My 90# Shepherd does not like the rain but he loves the snow. Only thing he likes about the rain is when he comes back in I dry him off with a towel and he loves that. Then he knows he gets a treat after drying off. If it wasn't for that I think his bladder would almost have to be about to burst before he'd go outside. :)

This ***** will chase the hose for hours on end... yet will often REFUSE to go outside if it's raining at all or cold.
2635336869_61f307a16c.jpg

And one not so ferocious looking
2722485839_407199e674.jpg

damn, you guys have some wussy dogs! :D

My cat kicks ass! I'm not a cat person but this animal is lethal. All he does is hunt all summer long. He occasionally comes by to contemptuously run his tail over my top lip just so he can get an effective moon in before he goes and spits on the dog. He made a pass at my wife once. He knew I could hear him. Did it anyway.

He alternates with the Rottweiler. I swear they time it. When he finally stops snoring the Rottie picks up where he left off.

My cat kicks ass! I'm not a cat person but this animal is lethal. All he does is hunt all summer long. He occasionally comes by to contemptuously run his tail over my top lip just so he can get an effective moon in before he goes and spits on the dog. He made a pass at my wife once. He knew I could hear him. Did it anyway.

My cat will actually call the dog. Dumb dog will be eating or sleeping and the cat does this certain meow and the dog gets up and goes down the hall to the cat. I have yet to figure out why.

Addendum: Da** dog just farted. Holy geeeeeeeeeeeez! Smells like he had a feast on a dead carcass or something.

My ***** is a long and lean black mouth cur / treeing walker cross. Supposed to hunt mountain lions. A cat hissed at her once, and she almost pissed herself.

Seriously, the dog is scared of her own shadow. Any changes in her environment tweak her out to the point of making her sick. The SWMBO and I have been painting the house the past two days, damn doglooks like she's ****tin peach pits shes so nervous ;:eek:

the shepard is in love with water in all it's forms, if we'd let him he'd stay outside all day in the snow. the two lab mixes are nervous nellies but at least the daughter loves water, she climbs into the shower with us! but if you touch the vacumn she's in hiding:cross:. my lab male is a ball nut he'll chase one till your arm falls off from throwing it, then go to the next person, but if he hears a gun go off he has to go fetch whatever was shot:D

Haha. I have a 25lb French Bulldog that won't go outside if its raining unless i push him out the damn door. Not a "big ass dog" as you mentioned but he's still a bulldog!

but he's french ... it's genetic to give up.

My dog loves the rain and snow. But if there's a fly in the house he hides under my recliner until I'll get up and kill it for him.

My 75 lb chocolate lab flat refuses to come in from the rain. He'll lay in the front yard like an idiot with water pouring down on him. As soon as it starts snowing, he hauls a** out the doggie door and we don't see him for dust. He sits out in the yard or lies under the deck. I spend all winter and spring cleaning mud off the floors and walls after he shakes himself off.

The only thing he's afraid of is thunderstorms. Cowers like a baby. The push mower and the vaccuum are his sworn enemies. Chomps at both of them.

but he's french ... it's genetic to give up.

Making cracks about the French being pussies never gets old, does it? :rolleyes: What's next, Jay Leno, ya gonna make a crack about Bill Clinton liking sex? Jeez, why are you wasting your time here at HBT when you could be doing standup? A regular Dave Chappelle, you are. :p

Anyway, back on topic, I have a couple german shorthaired pointers. One doesn't care, he'll go out in whatever you throw at him. The other one hates the rain, HATES it, just hates water in general. She's cool in the snow, but no rain...you have to push her ass out the door if she's not really at the very edge of having to take a dump. She's also very afraid of thunder & fireworks, she runs under the bed and stays there whenever it thunders. :cross:

I think some of these dogs need to get out more often.
Growing up on a farm we always had a dog. Most of them loved the snow and tolerated the rain. None were afraid of animals except the one barn cat with an attitude. A couple of the dogs were really good for getting rid groundhogs. They would spend hours digging at their holes to try to get them out.

But all of these dogs spent most or all of their time outside and had the free run of the farm. Urban/suburban pets just don't get the same opportunity to let their instincts develop.

i have not had a pet as an adult because I don't feel right about having one unless it has more freedom than i can provide.

Craig

My beagle is pretty fearless. Absolutely loves the snow and the rain, especially if he's on scent for a rabbit or one of the fat bastard groundhogs that live under the garage. Sticks his face down in the snow and charges forward, snuffling the whole time. It's a riot.

My 90 lb guy for some reason is terrified of my neighbors Christmas ornaments. They put in two of those lighted automated reindeer that move their heads back and forth. I don't know why but it scares the **** out of my dog.

0002820890003_215X215.jpg

I know a guy in CA, has a huge Rottie called 'Zilla. Afraid of the rain, wind, falling leaves, cats ... Won't go outside without someone for protection.

My greyhounds aren't afraid of rain, but they will decide to pass on a walk if it is raining hard enough AND I've put all of my gear on AND gone outside. It's as if the rain isn't real until I get wet.

Yeah, my dog avoids the rain too. He hates to get his feet wet. Yesterday it was raining, he only went out once. He will stand right by the back door, under the roof overhang, on the mat. I have to yell at him and insist he go to the bathroom.

We don't get snow here, but when we have visited places with snow, he does not seem to mind that much.

But, he doesn't look like wuss does he?
100_2481.jpg

My dog goes INSANE when it snows. Running and rolling and jumping in it. I have to let him off leash for a while or he'll rip my arm out of socket. Speaking of which, we're supposed to get our first snow of the winter this weekend.

My Australian Shepherd mix hates going to pee in the back yard once the rain starts. Has to be at bursting point. However put the leash on him he'll walk forever in the same stupid rain and pee and poop freely, 'cept that means I'm wet too! :(

Our lab loves the rain and snow, and so does the aussie shepherd. However the Lab is afraid of smooth floors and for some reason lately just tends to hang out in my daughters room. Don't know if she is depressed or what.

Like this

2635371181_d9180fe5b9.jpg

I take no credit for the picture. My wife is the master photographer in the family. Has some awesome shots of all the dogs.

I kind of think we need to start a caption contest for this pic. Seriously, curtis, great shot!!! And the dog's adorable, too!

Maggie the Cocker Spaniel is a nut an will get wet/swim/roll in snow,etc.
Mo the English bulldog is the exact opposite. He hates water, except for the ocean. He stands on the sidewalk and poops on the grass if the grass is wet.
Moe is also scared to death of the vaccuum, electric blowup lawn decorations, and he DOES NOT like cats. He got mugged by my moms cat when he was eight weeks old, and still trying to get even.

Back