Quantcast

My Belgian Wit....

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Tophe

Reaction score
I brewed it on Sunday......its the first time ive brewed this and it seems to be going great. I would show you some pictures if my g/f didnt leave the camera at her bros :( .......This is the first batch ive used a 6.5 gal carboy for a fermenter and its awesome. Before i went to work this morning, there was some bubbles on the top , and i came home and theres like 3-4 inches of foam on the top and a bubble every 2 seconds...Its been 24 hrs since the yeast was pitched, I really hope this thing doesnt blow the air lock!! Carboys own buckets! I can't wait to drink this stuff.

Janx

Reaction score
Exciting! Let us know how it turns out. I'll be embarking on a mission to clone Celis White very soon.

OSUmoney83

Reaction score
In the heart of buckeye nation, now (2012) in Scot
Sounds like its going well, I just brewed yesterday and kept it pretty simple with 5.5 pounds wheat dme and 3 oz of Saaz. I had a raging starter with some wyeast american wheat and man, this thing had the airlock popping 2-3 times a second. Real excited about this one

Janx

Reaction score
Oh, and I meant to add...a lot of y'all seem to think that Blue Moon is the end-all Belgian Wit. That stuff is the Budweiser of Wit. Get yourself some Hoegaarden Wit, Blanche De Bruges or Celis White and see what it's *really* all about. You'll never touch Blue Moon again ;)

In any event, I think when you taste your homemade Wit, it'll be a LOT better than Blue Moon, and you'll just make your own Wit from now on! Cheers! :D

OP
Tophe

Tophe

Reaction score
You're probably right Janx....I haven't tried any other wits yet besides the blue moon. Cant wait til its done. Its still fermenting pretty good though, but settling down..