My beer is a hit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik_Mog

Reaction score
The Blood Orange Hefeweizen that I brewed as sort of a homage to the band my brother is in (Born Again Heathens, hence the beer name Born Again Heathenweizen) is apparently a hit. I heard from them today, and they asked me if I would brew another batch of it for them to take with them when they go to Florida in September. They are also releasing an EP, and my brother asked if I may be interested in brewing another batch if they do a release party. I'm pretty stoked about that. Looks like my next brew or two will be the Hefe again.

Serious question - For those that find a sudden market for homebrew, which exceeds your capacity to produce, what are the odds that a contract micro brew house will do a very small (1-2 barrel) batch? And at what cost?
I know there are two in the greater Boston area, I assume these mini-micro contract shops are popping up everywhere. I have not looked into their capacity minimums but I assume they don't want to be bothered with TOO small a batch?

Congrats man that's got to be an awesome feeling!

It made me feel pretty good, especially after the way my morning went yesterday. I figured people would just tell me that the beer was pretty good. I never expected anyone to want me to brew something just for them, especially since I haven't been brewing that long.

That is awesome! The best compliment you can get!

But to me would also be a problem. It would disrupt my own pipeline and be boring to do the same brew so often in a short time. I don't think I have yet brewed the same exact recipe twice in 5 years.

Serious question - For those that find a sudden market for homebrew, which exceeds your capacity to produce, what are the odds that a contract micro brew house will do a very small (1-2 barrel) batch? And at what cost?
I know there are two in the greater Boston area, I assume these mini-micro contract shops are popping up everywhere. I have not looked into their capacity minimums but I assume they don't want to be bothered with TOO small a batch?

I hope I never get to that point, LOL. I barely have the time to brew as it is, with only one day off a week. Though that is something to look in to, if I ever have to have a lot. I'm not even sure if there are any places around my area that would do a contract brew. My brother is good friends with the brewers at a couple of small breweries in the area, and I suppose he could check with them if it ever came to that point.

That is awesome! The best compliment you can get!

But to me would also be a problem. It would disrupt my own pipeline and be boring to do the same brew so often in a short time. I don't think I have yet brewed the same exact recipe twice in 5 years.

It may be a bummer, since if I have to do two batches of it back to back, I will only get a couple of bottles of it to check the flavor and carbonation.

Back