my beer has some green stuff floating. T

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbracknell

Reaction score
there is no way this wasn't clean. Im borderline OCD on the sterilization

image-1618290799.jpg

image-1618290799.jpg

i does look wired but i think its just trub clamps surfacing powered by co2 bubbles

A major flaw with the design of their fermenter is that it is open to the air due to the lid vents. I am assuming the green masses are dissolved hop pellets...but you appear to have bacterial colonies besides. Buy a small carboy with a rubber stopper and air lock!

ShootsNRoots said:
Isn't that normal for Mr. Beer... gdr :D

yeah actually It was a 1 gallon batch kit partial grains and extract from my local brewer supply. I used the Mr Beer fermenter instead of my 6 gallon unit.

Edb7 said:
A major flaw with the design of their fermenter is that it is open to the air due to the lid vents. I am assuming the green masses are dissolved hop pellets...but you appear to have bacterial colonies besides. Buy a small carboy with a rubber stopper and air lock!

Yeah I'm going to trash it. I have all the toys including the carboy. Just thought I would try the small batch in my old Mr Beer as I had a 5 gallon batch planned and didnt want to tie up my 5 gallon stuff.

Back