My Barley wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Opened one last night after 3 months in the bottle and a 24+- hour chill down.. nice PSSST when I popped the top but little to no head until I poured it hard. Got a small but nice head that hung around the entire glass. First taste was a shock as I tasted one weeks back and it was HOT. It is still a touch hot but VERY tasty IMO. I think another couple of months and I will have something to be proud of.

Sweet dude good work! I would love to do a barleywine, but I don't know if I have the patients. What is the average time it needs to age? I was thinking at least 6-8 months am I off on that?

Yay!

Why a 24 hour childown though? I can get a beer down to drinking temp with 20 mins in the fridge?

The carbonation in a bottle of beer tends to be better if it sits in the fridge for 1 to 2 days anyway. CO2 being absorbed better at cold temperatures and all.

Now, I'm not saying it won't be carbonated if chilled fast, I'm just saying the carbonation will be better.

Back