My Bar Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrooklynBrew

Reaction score
Here is my bar I built using barplans.com. Wasnt too difficult and def was cheaper then buying one. This was probably the first thing i ever built in my life so its not perfect but its not bad for a beginner. I built my kegerator into it as well.
Sorry Pics are Big.

bottom.jpg

frame.jpg

bar.jpg

beer.jpg

done.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

Thanks. Also i live in an apartment so I had to write out all of the cuts of wood i needed and had home depot cut the wood for me. I was able to do some small cuts and refining but the majority was done by home depot.

That finish really brought out the grain, hell i'll take it in a heartbeat i'm down to a special refrigerator made by corny that just holds one corny with a single front tap with the little top. Sold everything thinking about a quick build, this didn't happen life had a wild turn instead. Best part i'm collecting notes and build ideas.

Thanks, Only thing is that i made it too high. When measuring for the height i always thought that when i was at a bar i didnt have to bend over to lean on it. So now stools are expensive.

My shop workbench always pissed off my dad him being 5' 6" vs built for me at a comfortable height for my 5' 11" body, no bending over. Add booster chairs for your short drinking or party friends.

Thanks, Only thing is that i made it too high. When measuring for the height i always thought that when i was at a bar i didnt have to bend over to lean on it. So now stools are expensive.

Meh... most of the time you'll be the one sitting at it, so make it a height that's comfortable for you. Mine is 41", and I don't even have the bar top on it yet. I'm 6'5" and tired of having to deal with stuff made for shorter people. I figured if I'm going to build something I'm going to build it so it's comfortable for me.

Meh... most of the time you'll be the one sitting at it, so make it a height that's comfortable for you. Mine is 41", and I don't even have the bar top on it yet. I'm 6'5" and tired of having to deal with stuff made for shorter people. I figured if I'm going to build something I'm going to build it so it's comfortable for me.

No worries just have your company stand at the bar, problems solved.
If your too short you can not drink or "go on this ride" the wife tells me.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the project cost? I'm looking to do something real similar, and seeing this definitely brightens the bulb. Oh, and do you have a link to the plans? I'm having a little trouble navigating barplans.com.

Back