My apologies to GRABASS...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treekiller

A tree is never safe
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to offer my apologies to the kind members of GRABASS.

I was heading out on a business trip, in early January, to the Raleigh area and sent a PM to Walker-san about meeting up for a beer or four. To my surprise I got the pleasure of meeting Walker-san, Baron von BeeGee and Boston one evening and getting to know them a little.

I wanted to take a minute to apologize for not posting this sooner, but life sometimes gets in the way of anything fun. I have been working 18 hour days, seven days a week since our meeting and have had little time to partake in anything fun, much less think of anything relating to beer.

These three guys took time away from their personal lives to come and meet someone, from out of state, that they had very little dealings with and made me feel welcome, not to mention, giving me one hell of a fine GRABASS t-shirt .

I want to let you know that your time was very much appreciated and the most fun I have had in a while. Yeah, I know they don't let me out much and I can only use plastic spoons to eat with, but... You gents are a great bunch and the time away from your personal lives was very kind.

If any of you guys are ever in the Detroit area, please do not hesitate to ask me to take some time away from my life in return of your kind gesture. It was real nice to actually meet you guys in person and put a face with some of the names I have seen on this forum so many times. Boston, please no more of those pics like the 500th post, I'd rather not remember someone by that kind of post, thank you very much. :D

Thanks guys it was a real pleasure and again sorry for the delay in posting this.:mug:

Glad we could meet up with you! It's always fun when a HBT'er swings through town and we can down some pints. Hope you get your work schedule under control and start focusing on important things like beer.

Treekiller said:
I can only use plastic spoons to eat with, but...

Maybe you need corks on you forks.

ruprectsmall[1].JPG

I would echo what you said, Tree Killer. I met Boston, Walker and Dude for VAgraNCy and want everyone to know that their hospitality and willingness to share their knowledge blows away what they do on this board.

I consider them to be in my circle of friends.

That Baron guy, though. He was too wrapped up in his Barony to drive several hours just to meet me.

I bet he isn't a real Baron or he'd have me killed by now.

While we're handing out reacharounds, I'd like to give one to olllllo for meeting up with me last night and having beers.

Dang it!!! I may be NEAR Raleigh on St. Paddy's Day...actually headed to Fayetteville for the weekend on my way to Charlestown for the week...OK, my point is I want a shirt too! Just kidding, but the travels are scheduled.

I will assume you are all set up with parties, etc, but any of you guys want to meet for brews? :drunk:

I will say that the GRABASS group seem like pretty good guys in the few threads that I have been in with them here. I am moving to to Raleigh in a month or two and they give me the lo-down on the the beer culture there. Im definitely planning on contacting them when I get there and having a brew or two. Thats the kind of stuff that makes this HBT the best on the net.

Dude said:
As for the Raleigh guys...where F are they???????
You tell me! They all pu$$ed out of brewing last weekend while my wife & kidlet are out of town. I had to get drunk with my neighbor who decided on the spot he was a beer brewer.

ollllo...I've dispatched my minions (yes, I have minions)...:D

Baron von BeeGee said:
You tell me! They all pu$$ed out of brewing last weekend while my wife & kidlet are out of town. I had to get drunk with my neighbor who decided on the spot he was a beer brewer.

For the record, I did not pu$$ out. My wife left at 8am to go shopping "for a few hours", knowing that I was supposed to be somewhere at 1pm. She finally came home at 4:30pm.

I was (and still am) PISSED.

As for me being AWOL.... it's been a busy time here at work. When I'm not slaving away for The Man, I am tinkering in the brewery. In the last two weeks I have:
  • built a miniature hop randall out of PVC
  • cleaned and rebuilt two kegs (the third one needs poppets replaced)
  • kegged the porter I made at the VAgraNCy gathering
  • bought and installed two Shirron faucets on my fridge in the garage
  • built tap-handles for the faucets (but I need to re-do them because the wood split when I put the threaded insert in them.)
  • bought all the goods for Dude's RER, which I will be brewing tomorrow night.
-walker

Baron von BeeGee said:

minions eh.
I've but no choice to travel to your faraway land, meet and be joined by a ragtag group of companions, secret into your castle via some long forgotten passageway and...

nevermind.

Back