My answer to the Keezer Drip Tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoKramer

Reaction score
Ive seen a bunch of ways to do it and didnt want to glue or magnet it to the front. I saw someone else on here use their collar as somewhere to hang it from but off the front where you could see the brackets and bolts.

What I ended up doing was take some material out of the back of the collar, screw the bracket in that channel and then face the bracket you could see with extra strips of wood.

13847874714_37a9f53792_c.jpg

13847510735_9f36dd1d7e_c.jpg

Now to just buy a drip tray lol

Is that built into the collar? I'm not quite sure. I LOVE the look and I, too, need a similar answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

i like it, good idea.

Thanks!

Is that built into the collar? I'm not quite sure. I LOVE the look and I, too, need a similar answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yep, we made the 2x8 frame that sits inside the freezer lip, then a 1x10 facing board that screws to that. We took the material out of the 1x10 and screwed the bracket into the 1x10. I had to angle the holes in the bracket a bit so the wood screws sat flush with the bracket rather than sticking up as well. The shelf is a 1x6 and should hold a 16x5 drip tray with no problems.

I only got 3 screws in the collar side of the bracket however all of the weight is being supported by the brackets pressing against the freezer surface. I am going to pick up a few of the hard rubber bits that hold glass table tops in place so that way I can perfectly level the shelf on the front.

Back