Must

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve707

Reaction score
I just started a strawberry fermentation yesterday and I would like to keep the must for a skeeter pee. I will be racking it soon and was wondering how I could keep the must. Could I just keep a jar of it in the freezer?, how much should I keep?,How long does anyone think it will last in a freezer? Thanks in advance,since I always get a quick answer and never get back to thanking you all.

Are you talking about saving the lees from the strawberry wine, to use the yeast? If so, you don't want to freeze it (freezing will kill the yeast). A fridge would work, though.

I would like to start fermentation on skeeter pee a little easier, and, add some strawberry flavor. I don't need to reuse the yeast.

I've heard you can mix with glycerin and do some excitement to keep yeasts in the freezer but I don't remember how long. Also if your intention is to get strawberry-skeeter pee... you best use some strawberry daquri mix or something because strawberry flavor is so weak that I don't think you'll even get any color from a yeast cake.

you dont wanna save the must, you wanna save the lees at the bottom but honestly id just use a fresh yeast packet in a honey starter. either way good luck

Latest posts

Back