Quantcast

Must say quite chuffed

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

cbotrice

Reaction score
Donated 5 gal of homebrew to a subdivision fundraiser for the local charter school and it went over quite quickly (20 min). Got good reviews from people who didn't even know I brewed it and those who did know gave me the obligatory kudus. It is a nice feeling to have something you made appreciated by those who don't even know you. MPW

Dragonfly

Reaction score
Oh f'sho! I'm at IU and I've been rollin to parties with a few homebrews (my first batch of IPA, decent but nothin' too special yet), and everyone's like 'this beer's the bomb!' I know drunk reviews aren't the most accurate, but it's a start lol :D

ssmif135

Reaction score
The drunk reviews are always better than the sober ones, especially from those who are use to carbonated water. I had mix results this weekend at a party. At the beginning of the nite, I had mix reactions. When everyone was a little more liquored up, I told them i have a different batch. And what do you know, they loved the second batch. It was the same beer. You gotta love drunk people.

OP
C

cbotrice

Reaction score
Well the group was mixed from beer hounds to "carbonated water" drinkers. I was up against Sam Adams summer ale in kegs and noone got boozed up. The guy who organized the pig fest wanted to know if I had another keg or two at home, had 1/2 and one in a carboy, so I told him next year have a brewing party around Apr 1 and he will have enough beer to serve 400 people. That idea seemed to go over pretty well with the local brewheads so maybe it will work. MPW