muratic acid + father in laws flowerbed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GranillaNutz

Reaction score
so how much dilution is needed to be safe for vegetation? i left a bucket out and he dumped it into his flower bed... whoops. i forgot to tell him what was in that bucket... kinda thought he'd have more sense than to just throw a random bucket of liquid into his flower bed.
guess i should take some day by day pictures and see just what the effect is.
i think i had bout a cup to 5 gallons of water that set for 4-6 hrs. i made sure to hose the flower bed down with a great deal of water. prolly killed all the fish in the pond too :-\
plumbers had the drainage system of our house blocked off for the day... i didn't have anywhere to dump it.
the fish are gonna have permanent orange afros :fro:

You would be amazed at the buffering capacity of soils, especially those of the planting beds. I doubt you will have much of an issue, as many of the pesticides/herbicides and fertilizers are acidic in nature. The fish should be fine as the water is probably acidic anyway.

Farmers apply sulfuric acid or elemental sulfur to increase the acidity of soils to improve nutrient availability. Who knows you probably helped the plants more than you hurt them.

Back