Muntons Marris Otter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moger777

Reaction score
How good is muntons marris otter? Are for that matter muntons in general. There prices seem to be pretty descent for a british beer.

I use Muntons Maris Otter and I really like it. I've never tried any of the other maltsters versions of Maris Otter however so I have no basis for comparison.

My LHBS has Munton's Maris Otter; therefore, that is what I use. I have no complaints, I have made some excellent beers with it.

Great stuff. I've been using it for years and have no complaints. Like the others, it's what my LHBS carries, so I haven't compared it against the same product from other maltsters, but I went back to England last year to re-educate my palate. My Muntons based brews were considerably better than most of the commercial real ales, but I didn't get a chance of sampling my old time favorites (Gales HSB - now taken over by Fullers, Harveys HSB, Fullers ESB, and Pompey Royal)

-a.

Back