Muntons Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roryspa

Reaction score
Anyone ever try the muntons kits that are in the tins? they are wicked cheap so i have my doubts
~Joe

I started out with those (english best bitter, pale ale). They make a pretty good beer if you use malt extract instead of dextrose as the directions say. I'd also recommend getting a packet of Nottingham yeast instead of the Muntons yeast they come with.

Also go 2 weeks primary and then bottle, not the 7 days they suggest (best would be the 1-2-3 method).

My first brew was a Munton's hopped extract wheat beer kit. It turned out ok. It's certainly a cheap way to make half decent beer, but I think you'll find that you outgrow those kits pretty quickly.

believe i already have lol, i was looking for a decent at best, quick beer to feed some lumber jack looking (not that thats a bad thing cuz i am including myself) for a weekend in vt
~Joe

Actually The Scotch Ale came out really tasty and is my Mother-in-Laws favorite of all the beers I have made so far. Unfortunately both of the wholesalers that supply my LHBS don't seem to be able to get that variety anymore and thus I haven't been able to get it anymore. The one thing I did though, two cans and omit adding the DME/Dextrose.

I've made the Munton's Premium Lager kit a few times. I usually make it with 2#s of rice syrup solids and 1/2# Light DME. It makes a really great beer.

Back