Munton's Ale Yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max-the-knife

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Munton's ale yeast? I brewed up a batch 2 weeks ago and last week when I transfered to the 2ndary there was a krausen like material covering about a 1/4 of the top of the primary fermentor. It looked like large fluffy chunks of yeast. There was no activity in the airlock either. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I used two packets for a 5 gallon recipe once. It fermented quickly but tasted really funky. It was an apa. Bummer. :(

mnk

I've used them on three recent ales. One was a Weizen and it went ape$hit. The other two were pretty good also. I used one pack and rehydrated it first. It took off within 12 hours.

There have been problems with extract beer kits in the UK that use Muntons yeast with stuck fermentations.
Not sure the sizes in the US but in the UK Muntons yeast comes in small 6g sachets compared to the larger 11g Safale packets. When I tried it I pitched 2 packets, it worked fine but Safale works out cheaper and just as good.

Back