munich malt extract!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally found that Munich malt extract I mentioned a while ago. Again,anyway. It's in the new Midwest catalog I just got with my latest order. It's on page 27. It's an LME,& can be had in 3.3lb,or 6lb bottle. $9.50 & $15,respectively. Just thought y'all would like to know.
Now us extract brewers have another ingredient to use.
I also found,on page 52,a mini keg co2 cartridge system using those small,1.33G kegs like you see in the store with miller,Coors,Heineken in them. Four shiny lil kegs,box of co2 cartridges,& tap/cartridge unit for $129.99. 5G can be kegged with it. Extra lil kegs for $15.99 each.
I could get 2 of those systems,& a little fridge to keg our beers,serve two at a time. Then bottle the remaining gallon(s). A simpler system for those of us with limited financial abilities...!:ban:

Briess makes a pretty decent Munich extract that consists of 50% base (probably their Brewer's 2-row) and 50% Munich malt. Weyermann makes an *awesome* Munich extract, but it's pretty hard to find and much more expensive than the Briess version.

The Wyermann might be the one I saw a while back. I'll have to come up with a brew to try the Breiss version.

Latest posts

Back