Munich Helles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indo_China

Reaction score
I am brand new to brewing and I already love it. I was surprised at how easy it really was once I got going. My first beer a Munich Helles is in the basement and I am already scheming on my next brew and making root beer.

I do have a question however - after brewing in the basement yesterday and the floor not draining as well as I had hoped, can I brew in the garage or even outside and then transfer everything indoors to finish up?

That helles sounds good. I brew on the kitchen stove,& place the fermenter on a round coffee table in my computer room. Put an old work coat over it to maintain temp,& keep the sunlight off it. So yeah,you should be fine,as long as the room isn't too warm. mine isn't.:mug:

Are you brewing with propane? If so, you should be outside or at least in a well ventilated area. Either way, yes you can brew outside and then transfer everything inside. That's what a lot of people do.

Back