Multiple strains of yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodbeerallday

Reaction score
Wondering what people's opinions are on brewing with two strains from wyeast and if you think they'll work and compliment or just be bad news for beer.. Also other options or suggestions. So I plan on using wyeast 3724 to brew a saison and was thinking of blending with 3522, which I haven't used. I also plan on using some mandarin for a bit of citrus pop and some rose hips for a bit of tartness. Again suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Do it. I see nothing wrong with that combo. I've use 3522, belle saison, and Wyeast 5526 all in the same beer before. I added rose hips, hibiscus, and a touch of rosemary at whirlpool. I fermented in the low to mid 70's range and it came out fantastic.

The thing to keep in mind is that you realy have no idea of the outcome. They may ferment 50/50 or one may dominate and you'll get little to nothing form the other. If you're OK with that, go for it.

Latest posts

Back