multiple regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmpolesov

Reaction score
Where's a good place to get regulator bodies if I want to join a few of them together for multi-pressure kegging set up (force carb one at one pressure, dispense another at a different pressure, etc).

Is it really worth it to do this or am I just making more work for myself. The guy at the welding shop looked at me like I was high, so I guess welding suppliers are not the place to go for this.

I got a 2 body from www.kegconnection.com and then got the extra stuff to make it a triple from them too.
3body.jpg

thanks for posting, thaht's what i'm after there.

what are those things at the 11 O'clock position?

Another option is one normal regulator feeding gas at some intermediate pressure, and then your multi-regulator connected by a hose, and set up dispensing at some lower pressure(s) to the kegs, right? I may not want to have a super-long thing hanging off my tank, for space reasons.

They are relief valves, if you want to lower the pressure in the keg or adjust pressure the setting lower

http://sciplus.com

Search regulator. Cheap secondary regulators. You supply the gauges. Set your primary at your highest setting you want, then feed to a bank of how ever many secodaries you want.

I use secondary regulators. They're cheaper than primaries and you can run standard gas hose from the primary to the secondaries. I have my tank, primary (set at 35 psi) and soda keg in the kegger (32F). A line runs into the conditioning cabinet (50F) where I have two secondaries set around 10 psi. Beer lines run back into the kegger where the taps are all mounted. There's enough room inside the kegger another keg, should I want to pour a lager cold.

zero said:
http://sciplus.com

Search regulator. Cheap secondary regulators. You supply the gauges. Set your primary at your highest setting you want, then feed to a bank of how ever many secodaries you want.

+1 for these. That's what I'm doing. Here's the direct link.

Add these and you're all set:
Beverage Factory plug #665N
Beverage Factory connector Nipple 618B
Northern Brewer gauge # K043
Northern Brewer shutoff valve #K038 or #K039 (your choice; I went with the K038's).

A guy on ebay is selling secondary regulators with gauges (and no other fittings) for $20 each with free shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/TAP-RITE-CO2-Re...ryZ67139QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They look like the same regulators from that surplus place, except with gauges - probably some guy bought a bunch from there, and a bunch of gauges for a discount, and is selling them off. In any case... running the numbers, looks like it'd cost about $43 to buy the surplus regulators and buy gauges from northern brewer (including shipping), so the ebay ones appear to be a better deal.

Funkenjaeger said:
A guy on ebay is selling secondary regulators with gauges (and no other fittings) for $20 each with free shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/TAP-RITE-CO2-Re...ryZ67139QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They look like the same regulators from that surplus place, except with gauges - probably some guy bought a bunch from there, and a bunch of gauges for a discount, and is selling them off. In any case... running the numbers, looks like it'd cost about $43 to buy the surplus regulators and buy gauges from northern brewer (including shipping), so the ebay ones appear to be a better deal.

I bought 2 from him this morning....
Jimi

Man I wish i wasn't such a dumb*@(

This is something that I need to do desperately, but for whatever reason it is flying over my head. Worse comes to worse I will just by a triple gauge regulator, but those things are like $100. If I could do it for cheaper, that would obviously be ideal.

Let me see how close I am. So, I have my CO2 tank with my existing dual gauge regulator and set it high, say 35 PSI like david has it. Then I run my gas line from that regulator to the part from american science. Would I need only one of those or two? Then I add a couple of gauges, a couple of shutoff valves, run my line and set my PSI? Am I missing anything?

If I'm reading the sciplus regulator specs right, the ports are 7/8x16 thread pitch, and the gauges, fittings, etc are all 1/4 NPT. Hmm.

obviously it must work because you guys have pulled it off. Are the specs misprinted or did you need special threaded fittings?

I used all 1/4" npt fittings. This includes the nipples, plug on the end (that you can't see in the image above), check valves and gauges.

Does that answer your question?? I noticed the same thing before I bought mine. I asked/searched around on HBT and someone answered it. You might want to do a thread search. I'm sure you'll find a more detailed answer! ;)

SenorWanderer said:
im going to buy my mulitireg from here.

The link you posted shows very expensive and cheaply made regulators (aka Chinese junk)... I would really recommend not buying them, especially at the prices listed.

gyrfalcon said:
The link you posted shows very expensive and cheaply made regulators (aka Chinese junk)... I would really recommend not buying them, especially at the prices listed.

thanks for the tip. right now i split my gas 6 ways with 5 brass T's!! i just came across this and it looked shiny, but now that i've done some further research and read more about what you guys are talking about, building your own looks like the way to go. i wanted to do that in the first place but i had a hard time finding all the components in the same place and lacked the knowledge to put it all together. 6 regs for 6 beers is a long way off anyway.

Back