multiple kegs and 1 faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmancuso

Reaction score
I would like to be able to serve more than 1 beer at a time but for right now i only have 1 faucet. Anything i can do to get the residual taste from the previous beer out of the line? I dont have a pump and all of my kegs are full.

I would like to be able to serve more than 1 beer at a time but for right now i only have 1 faucet. Anything i can do to get the residual taste from the previous beer out of the line? I dont have a pump and all of my kegs are full.

How many kegs do you have? If you have a spare one, fill it with starsan, properly diluted. Push that through the lines when switching beers it will clean and sanitize the line.

I have 2 kegs both full. I've been drinking the one for a few weeks and have another that is just about ready to drink and just wanted to try some

Why not get 6 feet of beerline, a couple of QDs (one for beer, and one for gas) and a picnic (cobra) faucet? They are about $2, and work great! I used picnic taps before I got my fridge drilled, and I use them at the cottage in my little kegerator for all of my beers.

I have everything ordered to put in 2 more faucets, i'm just trying to figure out something for tonight. I went to my LHBS and they wanted $20 for the qd,line, and cobra, and i didnt think it was worth buying that when everything else will be in in a few days.

How about just switching the line and knowing the first glass is gonna be a combination of the two? Or you can switch and pour out the first few ounces.

How about just switching the line and knowing the first glass is gonna be a combination of the two? Or you can switch and pour out the first few ounces.

I'm about to get into Kegging and I am working with a budget. I am considering just having one faucet at first and switching the beer line between two kegs (gonna by dual regulator)? Anyone else do this and have any advice? I was listening to Brewstrong archives the other day and Jamil was saying he basically only uses one faucet at a time - hooks up a keg, poors a beer then disconnects it, sprays the faucet with starsan and continues the process until he feels its time to clean the tap. I don't really drink during the week and only a few on the weekends. Any negatives to this approach besides having a mix or tossing a few ounces each time? Also, how long does the beer that is in the line take to go flat?

brettwasbtd said:
I'm about to get into Kegging and I am working with a budget. I am considering just having one faucet at first and switching the beer line between two kegs (gonna by dual regulator)? Anyone else do this and have any advice? I was listening to Brewstrong archives the other day and Jamil was saying he basically only uses one faucet at a time - hooks up a keg, poors a beer then disconnects it, sprays the faucet with starsan and continues the process until he feels its time to clean the tap. I don't really drink during the week and only a few on the weekends. Any negatives to this approach besides having a mix or tossing a few ounces each time? Also, how long does the beer that is in the line take to go flat?

Could just make up a pcnic tap for the other. You can use a single regulator. A charge will pust a few to a lot of beers out, just charge them before you let them sit to keep your co2 levelss.

Could just make up a pcnic tap for the other. You can use a single regulator. A charge will pust a few to a lot of beers out, just charge them before you let them sit to keep your co2 levelss.

Very True - I had envisioned multiple stainless perlick faucets... but that may not be the best allocation of money right now. The picnic taps will allow me to have more kegs....hmmm

Home depot,lowes, carries really cheap Ts. I use the plastic and brass ones. Eassy way to co2 multi beerss. If you need line, I have tons, will send you some for the price of shipping.

You can do what Buffalo Wild Wings does... They take the line from empty beer keg #1 and put it directly on full beer keg #2. Pour a pint, and you have your second beer served. I know this because I have been on the receiving end of a free 50/50 mix of some summer wheat and IPA. Wasn't half bad :)

Heh.

Back