Multi-tap cleaning manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phreaky

Reaction score
Finally got around to making a couple manifolds to clean all 10 of my draft lines at once. I really hate the cleaning part, so anything I can do to make it simpler for me, I'm all for. The general idea is to send cleaning solution one way down 5 of the lines at once, then u-turn and come back on the other 5 lines.

20190113_120019.jpg

The manifold was found on Amazon, and is originally for installing multiple natural gas lines in a house, but it was stainless and had the right number of 1/2 npt outlets on it that it worked for me. I added a 1/2" barb to the inlet side, and five 3/8" barbs to run to the faucet adapters. They simply screw into the shank in place of the faucet. Obviously two of them had to be made.

20190113_120037.jpg

Once it gets to the fridge side, I remove all of the disconnects, and jumper the lines together with 1/4 flare x 1/4 flare couplers.

20190113_121336.jpg

20190113_121732.jpg

Once everything is hooked up, I fill the sink with hot water and cleaning solution of choice and hook up the small pond/fountain pump, which drains right back into the sink. I usually use BLC for 3 or 4 cleanings, then alternate in Acid Cleaner #5 for a turn. When I'm being a good little brewer that happens every 3-4 weeks, but when not, sometimes it's 2 months. Like I said, I hate cleaning.

20190113_121100(1).jpg

Last edited:
Back