MS Paint doodles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Reaction score
So I was bored on my overnight shift the other day, and did a couple terrible label doodles in MSPaint. I have no rights to any of the image components, I just rough-n-ready removed watermarks and text willy-nilly.

I have all the components to all of these available as separate files, if anyone cares. I think I lifted the banner image from Fullers. The green brick wall is stolen clipart, watermark removed; it's there because we call ourselves the Green Wall Nanobrewery (after a green brick wall in our apartment).

Obviously, because of the limitations of MSPaint, they're pretty ugly and unprofessional, but when I finally get my mind around GIMP or get a good OSX design program, I'll try something a little nicer. Maybe with matching colours, and integrated text, and prettiness.

house ale mockup.jpg

best bitter mockup.jpg

Careful with the stealing, somebody might care. Here's a green wall with no protections, if you want it. Nothing fancy, just a red wall with its color readjusted.

wall1.jpg

Here's an OSX graphics program that's pretty sweet, called GraphicConverter. Shareware, I forget the price but very fair. It can't do everything Photoshop does, but it CAN do some things my lightweight version of PS can't do: http://www.lemkesoft.com/

Careful with the stealing, somebody might care. Here's a green wall with no protections, if you want it. Nothing fancy, just a red wall with its color readjusted.

Here's an OSX graphics program that's pretty sweet, called GraphicConverter. Shareware, I forget the price but very fair. It can't do everything Photoshop does, but it CAN do some things my lightweight version of PS can't do: http://www.lemkesoft.com/

Thanks for the image, and especially for the tip, Oakwolf. I'll test out the program, and if I like it I'll put it on my list of things-I've-got-that-I'd-like-to-pay-for-eventually (so far the only non-albums checked off are HBT and Wikipedia).

RichBrewer, thanks for the encouragement. I'll need to get a working digital camera to take a picture of my apartment's green wall; IIRC, the matte paint on it didn't come out well last I tried.

I'll toy with these over the next [while] and post the results.

Back