Mr Induction SR-181A Induction Cooktop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyhoward

Reaction score
Has anybody used this induction cooktop or similar? Someone is selling one locally at a significant discount, but I'm curious what makes it worth $400 to start with? Are commercial grade cooktops simply more reliable? The Avantco 3500 is cheaper new!

Mr. Induction SR-181A 1800-Watt Built-In Commercial Range https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TP2H68/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy has the Mr. Induction 3500W and it works well for boiling 6.5 gallons of water. Has only done a nice job. You can read the review here. Would a 1800W burner be strong enough for 6.5 gallon batches, I don't know. Could you bring your pot there and try it out before you buy?

good luck

I don't think you will like trying to brew 5 gallon batches with an 1800W induction plate. I had a 2000W heat stick and I could never get 7.25 gallons to boil without my gas stove assisting. I upgraded to a 5500W heat stick and once I get to a boil, I can turn the controller down to 60% and maintain a nice boil. I would go for the 3500W plate over the 1800W one in a heartbeat.

Back