Mr beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbbuchanan07

Reaction score
What other recipes could I do in the Mr beer brewing kit that do not use there exract? What could I be able to do in there 2.5 gallon fermenter? I'm coming on the 2 weeks of my.brewing my first batch of beer and almost ready to bottle..ready to start batch number two but try something else

Sent from my VS930 4G using Home Brew mobile app

Just find a 5 gallon extract recipe and cut it in half

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

+1 to just halving 5 gal recipes. Spend your time searching this forum for advice on storing ingredients. My only other advice would be to get DME if you can as I've found LME doesn't keep very well.

You can do any type of recipe you can find, sized accordingly for your Mr Beer keg. I still use mine, in addition to 3 gal better bottles, for recipes that I design myself. You can re-size any extract recipe or do all-grain recipes using BIAB techniques.

I agree with the rest of the posts. I would only add that you might want to let the beer from your Mr. Beer kit set for an extra week in the fermentor. Then once you bottle, let the bottles sit for 3 weeks at room temp instead of the 2 weeks the instructions recommend. Your beer will taste better this way.

It would be pretty easy to do a partial/algrain BIAB or extract on the stove top for that fermenter. Perfect for experimenting with beer styles. Youll find extract and especially the Mr Beer extract to be pricey. Getting some DME,hops, possibly some steeping grains a grain bag and yeast and you still could probably brew it cheaper if that were an issue. I started out with some DME, crystal grains,hops,and yeast. And went one type at a time for a few batches using a different type of each. Doing mostly BIAB partial mashes til after I bought a corona mill to crush grain for all grain stovetop 1.5 gallon batches then up to 2.5 gallon batches. No burner or huge pots or other large expensive equipement to buy. Not that you cant do it within a reasonable price.

I do partials right now in 2.5g batches, attempting all-grain BIAB this weekend. Just half everything

I've done a few 1.5-2.5 gallon AG test batches that have turned out great. My next venture with my LBKs(I now have 5or6) is one 10+ gallon batch and split it 5 ways and try 5 different yeasts in each LBK. Just a basic beer and see how different the yeasts make the same wort taste.

If you have a local homebrew store (LHBS) see if you can buy the ingredients you need (i.e. a 1/4 of this , a 1/2 lb of that, etc). If so you are in business!

Can you steep a tea bag for 20-30 mins? If so you can likely steep grains (maintain a temp of 150-160*), and quite likely do a partial mash (an hour), which opens up so many more doors.

Latest posts

Back