Quantcast

Mr beer

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Reaction score
This is my second batch with my beer kit and I'm having the same problem. It won't carb up! It tastes like beer just flat. Any ideas ?

BansheeRider

Reaction score
This is my second batch with my beer kit and I'm having the same problem. It won't carb up! It tastes like beer just flat. Any ideas ?
How long do you condition for? How are you adding the sugar? How much sugar? What kind of sugar? What are your conditioning temps? How are you capping your bottles or are you using the Mr. Beer bottles? Need more info.

Colorowdy

Reaction score
How long do you let your bottles condition? How much sugar are you using?

OP
redfishassassian
Reaction score
I'm using white sugar in the mr beer plastic bottles. Temp stays in the low 70's

BansheeRider

Reaction score
I'm using white sugar in the mr beer plastic bottles. Temp stays in the low 70's
How much sugar per bottle? If you are adding sugar by the bottle you can have inconsistent priming. Your temps are good. Three weeks at 70 degrees if the minimum is primed correctly. Do a search on batch priming. This is a more effective method to ensure an even amount of sugar in each bottle.

wjohnsen

Reaction score
Mine always worked great. Took 3 weeks + in cooler house. Directions called for 2.5 teaspoons per 1 liter bottle

OP
redfishassassian
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'm going to let it go another week or two and try another one. I'm going to try bottling in glass the next batch. See if that will do any better. Thanks again

wjohnsen

Reaction score
Mine were all done in PET bottles. 1liter Mr. Beer and a whole bunch of .5 liter Coke bottles. Always worked great. 1.25 teaspoons sugar in the Coke bottles.

Latest posts