Mr. Beer... Wow thanks for the gift

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradleyBrew

Reaction score
So I was brewing a AG Dunkelweizen today and I remembered my grandfather gave me his unused Mr. Beer kit with a "west coast" pale ale kit. Long story short I used some of my spent grains as steeping grains and did a quick 30 minute boil and added .5oz of warrior hops to the boil.... I pitched half a pack of Fermentis Safbrew S-33. I wonder what this is going to turn out like!!!

:mug:

I think it will turn out okay...worth a shot. I forgot that I have a Mr. Beer stashed away in my garage. I've been thinking of pulling it out to run some small test batches with ingredients that I wouldn't want to normally risk a 5 gallon batch on.

I thought about trying a 5 gram packet of red star champagne yeast... It will be interesting to taste the results. I'm a little worried about the fact that I steeped "mashed" grains.

My father-in-law bought me a mr beer kit for christmas well after i had moved on to all graining a few years back. I think the kit was an amber kit recipe. I remember it was about as difficult at making a kraft mac and cheese. Pretty scepital on how bad the turn out was going to be, but upon bottling and trying it out a few weeks later it really wasnt that bad

Back