Mr. Beer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobkaboni

Reaction score
I have two of the same refills for mr beer kit. I was wondering if I can combine them into one batch to increase abv (they are only about 3.7% normally) and maybe provide a better taste. It is a two gallon batch, each can of LME is 1.87 pounds.

If I did combine them would I need both packs of yeast? and would the krausen be two much for the two gallon fermenter?

You can certainly combine them. It will be a different beer, both maltier and more hoppy, but that is probably not a bad thing with most Mr. Beer kits. The krausen shouldn't overwhelm the headspace as long as you keep the fermentation temp under control. I would toss the yeast and get something like US-05 or S-04, one rehydrated packet will work just fine.

I bottle 2.5 batches out of my mr.beer keg and there is plenty of headspace. Youll be fine, you could probly use 2.5 gallons of water and have a 5 point sumthing beer in the end. I also would highly recommend different yeast, US-05 is great, I'd pitch most of the package and ferment around 60 deg. happy brewing!

I only use the Mr. Beer kegs, and yes you could get a decent beer combining the two, flavor as of yet to be undetermined but you may like it :)

Or you could look at the article in my sig and make 2 batches with some added ingredients.

Mr beer kit tend to be weak on there own. Even if you put 3/4 of the second can it would be a improvement. Could turn out something really good and easy to brew.

Latest posts

Back