mozzarella is rubbery.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prop

Reaction score
i used a 30 minute recipe with rennet ,citric acid and salt.used fresh cow milk.i tried this a few times but it comes out rubbery .any suggestions?thanks for any help

Definitely not an expert when it comes to Mozzarella but I believe that it comes out "rubbery" if you overheat the curds. You say you are using the "30 minute" recipe. Does that mean that you are heating the curds in the microwave? You may be overheating them. As soon as the cheese is shiny and has come together I think you need to stop the heating.

How fresh is your fresh milk? Did you go to a farm for it?

I asked a pro for you and was told that mozzarella can be rubbery if you use skim milk or overcook it.

it is farm fresh milk.basically the recipe is 1 1/2 tsp citric acid in 1 cup water add to the milk and heat to 90 degress,take off heat add 1/2 tsp renet added to 1/4 cup water to the milk, cover and let sit 5 min. then cut the curds put back on heat to 105 degrees.let sit 5 mins then drain curds.then add salt to whey and heat to 180 add to curd and fold and stretch.

Back