Moving

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schadelh

Reaction score
I will likely be moving this summer, and it is likely I will have some carboys and buckets full of fermenting deliciousness when I have to move. Are there any precautions to take? Is it a big issue if things get warm? Obviously things in primary probably wouldn't like it, but how about secondary and bottles/kegs?

im going through the same thing right now. Kegs and bottles should be fine although i would try and keep them cool...so dont leave them in a car or they can start to taste funky. Mine became very buttery. I would not suggest moving anything in primary- if it gets too warm it could spell out some funky beer. Secondary should be ok if theres not too much sloshing around.

+1 here. I will be moving this summer as well. Not too far away though, so hopefully I can convince the movers to get my beer fridge in last and out first. Only one I am worried about is my marzen. I worked way too hard on that one. I was figuring on packing the keg I am using as a secondary in ice in an ale pail to help keep temps until I can get it back in the fridge.

I recommend you all send your beer to me, I assure you I will keep it safe while you move :)

Back