Moving The Wort question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first question is if i had removed the bung to check the fermentation status of my wort do i need to repitch or let it be or gentle swirl said container.
Second: The directions say to transfer the wort to a diffrent carboy after 7 to 10 days. If i wait til 13 days would that be a problem?

My first question is if i had removed the bung to check the fermentation status of my wort do i need to repitch or let it be or gentle swirl said container.
Second: The directions say to transfer the wort to a diffrent carboy after 7 to 10 days. If i wait til 13 days would that be a problem?

Let it be.

Many these days, perhaps even most, say skip the transfer to secondary.

Welcome to HBT! You didn't say what you're making beer you are making but I'd say don't worry about removing the bung unless you left it off for a while. Don't worry about moving to a secondary unless you are bulk aging or adding fruit. I leave my beers in the fv for a month or more unless it's something light like a Kölsch. Check sg and bottle/keg when you have same reading 3 days apart. 🍻

Latest posts

Back