Moving in!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Microscopist

Reaction score
Two days until the big move. I've been married 4 years and we've decided it was best to take things slow so we've not lived together yet:). - Actually it was the housing crash that made it impossible but I've lost my patience and decided a two hour journey to work is tolerable.

Kinda nervous about it as I'm moving into 'her' place but my other half is incredibly tolerant of my eccentricities and even let me spend a grand building a 5m shed - once I pointed out her plan of using the spare room for my hobbies would involve a bench grinder, highly toxic plants and a metal casting setup on the second floor.

My dear wife has yet to see what happens on a brew day though but since drinks the stuff....

I'm confused, you've been married 4 years and never lived together? What hobby uses a bench grinder/toxic plans/metal casting?

Should be interesting. I don't think i would marry someone that i didn't live with first. GL bro.

I'm confused, you've been married 4 years and never lived together? What hobby uses a bench grinder/toxic plans/metal casting?

Yup - Basically I stay there over there at weekends but we couldn't shift the houses so were stuck. We've given up trying to sell both and find somewhere in the middle but I'm now able to sell mine and just about cover the mortgage and the trains have improved so it's actually possible to be in the same house full time.

As for the hobbies, the grinder I use for shaping metal, I also cast lead and pewter from time to time. The nasty plants are another pass time altogether - I can't help but grow strange and unusual plants, I spent a lot of last year learning to grow luminous ( but toxic sadly ) mushrooms.

and now the poor girl is going to have to put up with thirty odd phials of yeast in the fridge until I get power for the giant shed sorted. I haven't told her it could be 60 in two weeks time, then 120, 240.. ;)

Back