Moving from big house to small apartment with 25 gal pots?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikescooling

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm moving from house to small apartment. I'm taking all my brewing gear with me. I do have a place to tap 240V for the panel, so I can brew. My pots are 25 gallon each. I do have a vent system, so I hope the smell won't be to bad. Do you guys have any tips for me as I move into a smaller space that is shared with other renters? I can weld up another brew stand if that will make brewing easier. Here is my current rig.

Bad smell???

I brew in the house and have no desire to move outside because I love how the house smells for nearly 24 hrs after brew day!

Storage will probably be your biggest annoyance. I reccomend shelves. Organization is key when space is tight.
I take it from your comment about 240V you are an E-Brewer, so look at where your electrical service is located, and decide if you really need a stand, what arrangement would be best, or if you have enough countertop space. Additionally, anything you can do to improve air flow to keep the humidity down.

Being a college student (atleast for a few more weeks) and living in a 2 bed room apartment with 3 people, plus having a roommate who brew space can be at a premium. All of our equipment for brew day ( basically 2 15 gallon AG set ups is able to fit into a 6 square foot area). Now just don't ask about the fermenting chambers or bottle storage ;)

Back