Moving Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YnkBlu

Reaction score
I've started my first batch (Summer Wheat) and after reading some of this forum it would seem that the temperature in my place may be a little too warm. It runs in the mid and low 70's since it is summer.

Can I move the brew bucket (carboy it is called?) to a bathtub of cool water as it is fermenting?

I also think I pitched a little too soon as it was about 80 degrees but this morning it was bubbling in the air lock.

I usually pitch at just below 80. Of course then I continue to cool the wort and I think that this actually encourages activity. It is in the low 70s and then 60s a couple hours later. I have never had a stuck wort in many batches. My $0.02....Mike

I was foolish pitching early. No patience. I'll do better next time.

Stuck wort?

Can I move the fermentation bucket to a cool water tub?

I wouldn't worries too much about pitching at 80. It should be fine. Also I would stick it in some cool water, and put some frozen water bottles in with it. Try and get your temps down in the 60's.

Back