Moving a Hef to Secondary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonuff

Reaction score
I just brewed a Hef and let it sit in the primary for a week and was planning on letting it sit in the secondary for another week then botteling. It's been in the secondary for about 4 days now.

I've been reading threads and some people have said you shouldn't move a hef to a secondary.

Think I'll have any problems? Should I bottle now?

rh348877 said:
I just brewed a Hef and let it sit in the primary for a week and was planning on letting it sit in the secondary for another week then botteling. It's been in the secondary for about 4 days now.

I've been reading threads and some people have said you shouldn't move a hef to a secondary.

Think I'll have any problems? Should I bottle now?

It Certainly wont hurt anything but the secondary is for clearing and Hefe's are supposed to be cloudy, Its up to you.

If it gets super clear, just call it a Kristall weizen! It should still taste great.

chthonik said:
If it gets super clear, just call it a Kristall weizen! It should still taste great.

"Kristal weizen" - I like that. Thanks.

Back