Moved to new house, new state

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fujieagle

Reaction score
After commuting between Missouri and Texas for the past year and a half, I have finally officially moved to Texas. I have all of my stuff moved in and we are mostly unpacked. Hopefully I will be able to brew a batch of wheat ale in the next week or 2. Haven't had the oppurtunity to brew much in the past year and a half so I am definetley looking forward to getting back into it full on. I do have a batch of apfelwein and honey-grape mead that have been in secondary since September. Hopefully they survived the move okay.:ban:

Yeah I know, not the smartest thing to do. I just hope that it will be okay. Still haven't found all of my brewing equipment.

'grats! so did you commute through missouri to texas everyday for work?! dayumn!

Didn't commute every day. I would fly to Dallas on Wednesday morning and fly back to Springfield on Monday evening. Did that for since January 4th of 2011. A year and a half was way too much. While I was in Dallas for my work week, I stayed at a crashpad with 14 others. It was like a frat party most every day after work. My liver is glad to be back to a normal life.:ban:

wowza, you were either A) making a ton of money to fly all the time or B) had awesome employers lol

Frequently those city to city weekly type flights are cheaper than the fuel costs to drive. There's a chance he spent more on beer during the week than on flights.

Wish I could afford to buy the tickets each week but I don't make that much. I do however, work for a major airline so the flying is free for me. That's the only way it was possible.

Back