Mounting my tower to Granite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Jim Leahy

Reaction score
I need to mount this tower to my Granite counter. I made a uhmw ring 4.25 dia x 1/2 thk and glued it with Gorilla Super clear adhesive. It Stuck great then it let go on the UHMW side a week or so later. How do you mount these normally without drilling holes in the granite ..Thank you for everything

Attachments

matt_m

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Why not drill holes in the granite? Either all the way through or deep enough to epoxy in a threaded insert?

Beernik

Reaction score
Do you care if the adhesive is permanent?

Because I’m thinking E-6000 would stick it there, but you’d never get it back off without damaging the granite.

My other thought would be some kind of RTV gasket maker.

Last edited:

day_trippr

Get the shot ffs! Sheesh!
Reaction score
I'm confused - how does one use a beer tower without drilling holes - at least for the beer lines?
[edit] Ok, "Light Dawns Over Marblehead" :D
The uhmw "ring" must have been tall enough to allow the beer lines to scoot out through a cutout...
So, the crux of the problem is to find the appropriate adhesive...

Cheers!

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
just a random thought...but if you don't want to drill, and use anchors...what about a big enough, thick enough base to attach it too, so it can just rest on top? something like 1/4", 1/8" stainless plate...cut out with a mat of some type?

just shooting wildly....

day_trippr

Reaction score
I failed to welcome new member @Jim Leahy, so let me do that now :mug:

I have to say this is the very first time I have read of someone attempting to "mount" a beer tower to a countertop (or anything else) without doing the classic hole-drilling. The best adhesives for same really haven't been tested or defined anywhere in the forums, so I think the OP is pretty much a pioneer.

fwiw, I bought The Spousal Unit a brand new kitchen a few years ago with some exotic granite that due to the size of the kitchen came in a few big pieces and were cemented together on-site using a pretty cool vacuum-based compression rig. I would find out what the granite folks use for cement and use that. That said, countertops are edge-glued, which means unpolished surfaces...

Cheers!

day_trippr

Reaction score
This setup had an actual vacuum pump plumbed to all of the joints that had vacuum-operated widgets that pulled the adjacent panels together. Very impressive - and a bit loud for around a half-hour iirc. Not a solution for a beer tower :D

Cheers!

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, i was thinking something in the 6" or whatever range with a handle....kinda like stick your dash cam to the window in a car...

have to find one, and figure out how to mount the tower to it, and keep it functional....

Latest posts