Mounting a Whirlpool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustatorian

Reaction score
Just got done putting a hole in my Blichmann Boil Kettle, planning on attaching a whirlpool to it, but really didn't plan everything before I jumped in.

After I placed the hole, I used a sander to get rid of the rough edges. As you can see below, there looks to be some discoloration on the stainless steel. I doubt there will be any liquid that high in the BK, but does it need to be passivated? Is SS affected by sanding?

Also, I'm looking to attach a SS dip tube to connect to the 1/2" compression side of this elbow (see below). Anybody have any leads on how to make this happen? How would a dip tube stay in place in this device?

THANKS

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

Just got done putting a hole in my Blichmann Boil Kettle, planning on attaching a whirlpool to it, but really didn't plan everything before I jumped in.

After I placed the hole, I used a sander to get rid of the rough edges. As you can see below, there looks to be some discoloration on the stainless steel. I doubt there will be any liquid that high in the BK, but does it need to be passivated? Is SS affected by sanding?

Also, I'm looking to attach a SS dip tube to connect to the 1/2" compression side of this elbow (see below). Anybody have any leads on how to make this happen? How would a dip tube stay in place in this device?

THANKS

No, nothing to worry about on the stainless. The BIG question is...How did you mount that fermenter to the ceiling like that??? LOL

Didn't that 90* part come with compression fittings? Where is the tube at? Seems as you are missing a few parts there. Maybe a simple coupling and washer on the outside of the kettle?

Cheers
Jay

No, nothing to worry about on the stainless. The BIG question is...How did you mount that fermenter to the ceiling like that??? LOL

Didn't that 90* part come with compression fittings? Where is the tube at? Seems as you are missing a few parts there. Maybe a simple coupling and washer on the outside of the kettle?

Cheers
Jay

LOL!

It did I just took them off. Just wondering where I can get a dip tube, or how to make one that fits in there

Back